Where is PLUG_IN_INFO?

Hello,

I'm a very beginner with gtk. I tried to start by picking up
a plug-in (tiff.c, because I want to deal with TIFF-images)
took a part, did some modifying and compiled it.

The "Hello world" programms from the texi-files compiled successfully.
I found out which libraries were needed by grep-ing the *.so files
with the missing function name. This worked so far.

But I cant find the solution for the following mistake:

cc -fPIC -O2 -Wall -o test5 test5.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lgtk -lg\dk -lglib -lgimp -lX11 -lXext -lm
/usr/local/lib/libgimp.so: undefined reference to `PLUG_IN_INFO'

grep fails while searching PLUG_IN_INFO. What do I have to include.

Thanks for any help

Andreas.