Re: [gtk-list] Re: [patch] Multi-line labels and enhanced tooltips

On Thu, Jun 12, 1997 at 07:23:45AM -0700, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:
>  Paolo> I haven't removed the tooltips_set_colors() call: is it
>  Paolo> useful now? I use the colors only to draw a black rectangle
>  Paolo> around the window...
>
> Please keep in mind that there are programs out there that use
> tooltips already (e.g., SANE's xscanimage).  Your change sounds like
> the right thing, but it would be nice if there were at least a
> compatibility function that supports automatic line-breaking.
> Actually, I don't see why it's not possible to leave the set_tips()
> interface as it is and add the "arbitrary widget" functionality
> through something else (e.g., set_tip_widget()).

Ok, I don't want to break packages:) I only thought that the
wrapping can be done once we have an interface in the toolkit
for it (I think Ralph proposed something like that).
Anyway what you want is not a problem but IMHO it is not
consistent with the other calls like *_with_label().

> Also, xscanimage uses the set_colors() call to make the tips come up
> in PostIt yellow (actually, I'd prefer if this could be done from the
> style file).

I think you can do this with my patch... just set a style for
the widgets you use in the tip....

lupus

--
------