Re: [gtk-list] Formatting

On 30 Jul 1997, Rob Browning wrote:

> My biggest thing with formatting it is having to learn another markup
> language.  I'd rather put my time into writing than into learning how to
> make it look nice.
May be you use TeX for your everyday Textprocessing.  I produce all my
HTML-pages via HyperLaTeX which uses LaTeX-input with only a very few
extensions.  (May be latex2html works as well but I don't know this stuff
personally.)

In case you know (La)TeX you would have the advantage of three formats
using HyperLaTeX: LaTeX, HTML (via HyperLaTeX) and ASCII (via dvidoc or ...).
So you havn't to learn SGML or any other markup language.

If you don't know TeX  Ian Main  has given the answer how to get a
reasonable Markup. (But TeX is worth learning anyway ... )

Greetings

   Andreas.