Re: [gtk-list] Re: Best place to add -D_REENTRANT to build

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Peter Mattis wrote:

> You should be able to do (using sh):
>
> # CFLAGS="-D_REENTRANT" ./configure

I don't have access to the source right now ... but IIRC, this used
to replace the default flags (i.e., -g, -O2, etc.) I generally have
used:

   CPPFLAGS="-D_REENTRANT" ./configure

which might not be "proper", but seemed to work better for me.

Also, it probably isn't necessary to initialize X to be thread safe -
since gtk isn't thread safe anyways.

Regards,
                                             Owen