Re: [gtk-list] Re: Best place to add -D_REENTRANT to build

owt1@cornell.edu writes:

> Also, it probably isn't necessary to initialize X to be thread safe -
> since gtk isn't thread safe anyways.

Right, but I figured it fell into the couldn't hurt, might help
category -- planning for the future...

Say I have a big mutex around all the gtk stuff so that I can
guarantee that if I hold that mutex, no one else is inside gtk.  Then
if X has been initialized properly and is thread safe, I can go ahead
and make a bunch of X calls from multiple threads (say to update
several video streams on several displays), and then release the mutex
and let gtk go about its business again.

--
Rob