Re: [gtk-list] Re: Best place to add -D_REENTRANT to build

Ian Main <slow@intergate.bc.ca> writes:

> configure.in is actually the file that's used to create the configure
> script.  Makefile.am is the automake makefile template.  If you want
> your changes to be proper, you should change these.  This requires that
> you have automake and autoconf packages installed to recreate
> Makefile.in and the configure script however.

Oh, right, I knew that.  I still have to figure out where to make the
change.

And while I'm at it, when you're trying to use X in a threaded envt,
you're really supposed to call XtToolkitThreadInitialize() at startup.
I presume that this should be conditionally compiled into gdk
somewhere.  Actually it may be safe to just always call it.  I think
it returns false if X isn't thread safe, but it shouldn't hurt
anything.

Thanks
--
Rob