Re: [gtk-list] Best place to add -D_REENTRANT to build

On 29 Jul 1997, Rob Browning wrote:

> Is there an easy way I can add the flag -D_REENTRANT to all the calls
> to gcc when building gtk+?  I looked through the Makefiles and
> ./configure, and nothing jumped right out at me.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Rob

configure.in is actually the file that's used to create the configure
script.  Makefile.am is the automake makefile template.  If you want
your changes to be proper, you should change these.  This requires that
you have automake and autoconf packages installed to recreate
Makefile.in and the configure script however.

autoconf and automake really are very nice to use, and are a good idea for
any developer to know.  I always use them now.  Once you learn them, it's
actually easier/faster than writing Makefiles the old fashioned way.
The info pages that come with autoconf and automake are a good place to
start if you're interested.

I'm not at my machine right now or I'd take a closer look for you, sorry.

Ian