giving focus to windows

When you select an option in a menu and a window pops up, and you go to
another window, the first window looses focus.  What I want is that if
you select the same option in the menu again, that window will get the focus
again.  I've looked all day in several sources and tried a lot, but I didn't
find a solution.

Most programs I looked at (eg gimp and gzilla), either destroy a window or
create a new one, but nowhere focus is given back to the already visible
window.  Can someone tell me if it's possible?

this is Hoek v0.23 -- automatic mail replier         hoek@pcjeroen.ubu.ruu.nl
		see also http://www.araneus.com/
	"Where do you live?  Where is the manager?  Where does he live?"
							-- Grosse point Blanc