Re: [gtk-list] Re: Documenting GTK

> Why not write a CGI script that allows people to sign up to do the
> documentation for a widget/source file? (or just coordinate things
> manually) ... TexInfo is pretty ugly, but it's not too hard to write
> when you have examples to work from.  Peter has done a significant
> amount of work already on the TexInfo stuff and it's probably a better
> source for conversions to other formats than HTML. I think if we
> divied up the task of documentating the 70 or so widgets, we could
> have the task done pretty quickly.
>
> On the other hand, any work on documentation is useful.

Well, I certainly would like to help.  At the moment, I'm writing some
programs using gtk and the main difficulty is to understand some of the
basic concepts.  For instance, I haven't figured out what mapping and
realizing is.  If someone can help me out to gain some overall insights,
it would be great.  From there on, I can figure out what I need and
document it at the same time.  The format is no problem, I can write it
in Texinfo, html or anything you want (except Ms word :-).  I'm also
willing to (help) coordinate this.

Best regards,

Hoek.