Re: [gtk-list] Q: 'Multithread' aplications

On Sun, 21 Dec 1997, Eduardo Perez wrote:

> How can I show (and make 'active') a window before returning to gtk.
>
> Secuence must be something like:
> 	user clicks a function
> 	a signal is raised
> 	signal function starts
> 		signal function shows another window
> 		user can interact with new window
> 		signal function continues execution
> 		signal function updates new window
> 		user can interact with updated new window
> 	signal function ends
>
> My problem is how can I make second window active before signal function
> returns; and how to continue exeution after showing new window without
> stopping signal function.

with recursive gtk_main() calls.
that is, call gkt_main() inside your signal handler and then the next
gtk_main_quit() call will exit the second gtk_main() loop (the one inside
your signal handler).
gtk_main_level() will tell you the recursion level.
you might also want to take a look at gtk_grab_add() and gtk_grab_remove(),
with these functions you can create modal dialogs.

> Many thanks.

---
ciaoTJ