Official Anon-CVS Access

Hello, Gnomes, Gimps, and Gtk'ers,

Elliot Lee has set up anonymous CVS on the main repository.

Here's how to check the code out:

$ export CVSROOT=':pserver:anonymous@cvs.gimp.org:/debian/home/gnomecvs'
$ cvs login
(there is no password, just hit return)
$ cvs -z9 checkout gnome
(or gimp, gimp-data-extras, gimp-data-min, gtk+)

Please use the -z9 option to minimize network bandwidth.

After you have checked the code out, you can use:

$ cvs -z9 update -d

To update your repository.

I strongly recommend familiarizing yourself with the cvs
documentation.  (It's much easier reading if you print it out,
and read it offline)

There's also a mailing list that keeps track of the cvs commits
made to the Gimp/gtk/gnome trees.  To subscribe, send a message
with "subscribe" in the body to:

  cvs-commits-list-request@nuclecu.unam.mx

As the main repository is now open, I have turned off access to
the experimental anon-CVS repository (a copy of the original one)
on my server at jimpick.com.

Cheers,

 - Jim

PGP signature