Advice requested for a would-be patch on gtkmenufactory

I'd like to submit a patch on gtkmenufactory to make
gtk_menu_factory_create, gtk_menu_factory_remove and
gtk_menu_factory_make_widget non-static.

The reason is that I need them in a new, more C++-ish, menufactory
class that I've written for gtk--.

Since I'm not sure how good this reason is (and may be those functions
were made static for a better one), I'm asking around first before
uploading my patch. :-) So if anyone sees any reason why this
functions should remain static, please tell me so.

TIA.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent