Dynamic Menu Help

Hi

I am writing an app that will have multiple top level windows
each with it's own menus.  Some of these menus I will want to
change during the execution of the program.  The examples
I have seen (including the gimp) seem to have static menus -
correct me if I am wrong here.  After browsing the
gtkmenufactory header file, I notice a couple of functions
that might allow me to add and subtract items from the
menu:

gtk_menu_factory_remove_paths (no ..._add_paths function)
gtk_menu_factory_remove_entries
gtk_menu_factory_add_entries

I was wondering if anyone had any experience in this that
they could share.  Do these functions do what I suspect
they do?  If not, should the whole menu_items array
be overwritten, the old menu destroyed, and the new
menu created with the factory everytime I wish to modify
the window structure?

Is it better to use multiple menu_item arrays such as
window1_menu_item[], window2_menu_items, etc. rather than
one large array like the gimp does?

Thanks a million.

--
T Scott Urban