Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk CVS snapshot

> 	$ /bin/test ! `echo` && echo OK
>
> on Solaris, SunOS, HP-UX, Digital UNIX, AIX, ULTRIX and IRIX --
> everyone complained that there was a missing argument.
>
> Linux (My RedHat system has no /bin/test, but a /usr/bin/test), GNU
> and the bash builtin "test" claimed that the test was successful.

Hmmm, I don't have access to most of those systems, but on AIX I get:

  $ /bin/test ! `echo` && echo OK
  test: argument expected
  $ /bin/test -z `echo` && echo OK
  test: argument expected
  $ /bin/test ! "`echo`" && echo OK
  OK
  $ /bin/test -z "`echo`" && echo OK
  OK

The problem is that word splitting is performed after command
expansion. So it looks like a further modification is necessary...

Regards,
                                        Owen