Re: [gtk-list] tooltips bug? (gtk+-971201)

atai@ece.ucsd.edu (Andy Tai) writes:

> Using gtk+-971201,  in the testgtk program the tooltip windows appear totally
> black.  It worked in previous versions of gtk, where tooltips appear as black
> text on yellow boxes.   The system is an SGI running Irix 5.3. gtk compiled
> with gcc 2.7.2.2.
>
> (Also on this system, the single-line text entry works correctly)

OK, I think I have this solved now. (I'm not sure where the yellow
was coming from though - I don't see any code that would do that -
right now they are just gray.)

For people's edification, the problem was that the tooltips code
was using the colors from gtk_widget_default_style(), but, it turns
out, it isn't OK to use styles that aren't attached to a window.
(They won't be initialized, which meant, in this case that the
'pixel' fields of the colors weren't being filled in.)

The solution was just to create the tooltips window at the start,
realize it, and use its style.

Regards,
                                        Owen