Re: [gtk-list] bus error in gtknotebook.c:945

Sebastian Wilhelmi <wilhelmi@ira.uka.de> writes:

> It works quite fine, but there is an anoying bug, which I hereby want to
> report:
>
> if you press inside a notebook (i.e. the page of a notebook) and there
> is for instance a label, than a bus error is signaled and of course a
> core dumped.

Does this occur with the program gtk/testgtk? If not, could
you provide a small test case where it does occur?

> and move through the code with "next" in gdb, everything works fine, but
> If I just press "cont", it dumps core again. So It seems to me like a
> timimg problem, but is there another thread writing things somewhere? (i
> dont think so.)

No other threads. (It could theoretically be a timing problem
with X if it ever got to gtk_notebook_switch_page, but not if
dumps before getting there) Could it be that gtk_notebook_button_press
is called twice and it dumps on the second call?

You could try inserting some printf's to see if it is dieing where
you think it is.

> BTW: If I bind a function to the event "release" of a button and do a
> gtk_button_set_sensitive( button, 0 ) in this function, then the
> backgroundcolor of the button isn't restored properly.

Probably nobody ever expected somebody to do that. You could
try connect to "button_release_event" with gtk_signal_connect_after
instead of gtk_signal_connect and see if it makes a difference.

> Something similar
> applies to the focus. If I bind a function to the event "focus_in" (?sp)
> and do a grab_focus on another widget in this function, the old widget
> stills looks like having the focus (is kind of sunken).

The sunken look is not the focus, it is the default. The focus is
drawn as a thin black rectangle.

Regards,
                                        Owen