Re: [gtk-list] bus error in gtknotebook.c:945

Hi.

Owen Taylor wrote:

> Does this occur with the program gtk/testgtk? If not, could
> you provide a small test case where it does occur?

yes, it happens with gtk/testgtk, but with every other program I testet
(actually gimp and a program of mine) as well

> No other threads. (It could theoretically be a timing problem
> with X if it ever got to gtk_notebook_switch_page, but not if
> dumps before getting there) Could it be that gtk_notebook_button_press
> is called twice and it dumps on the second call?

No, I don't think.

> You could try inserting some printf's to see if it is dieing where
> you think it is.

I did it, guess, what happend: It worked..........
I love those subtle bugs ;-(

If you would like to look at this, I could mail you an account/passwd on
our machine. We have gcc-2.7.2.2, gdb-4.16 and ddd-2.1.1 installed.

> Probably nobody ever expected somebody to do that. You could
> try connect to "button_release_event" with gtk_signal_connect_after
> instead of gtk_signal_connect and see if it makes a difference.

Ah, thanks. I've been using gtk-- and there is only a connect so far.
(or did I miss something again ?)

Sebastian
--
| Sebastian Wilhelmi, Institut fuer Rechnerentwurf und Fehlertoleranz, |