Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk+-971201

    Ben> One more odd thing is that pasting into input fields works
    Ben> fine and dandy with the middle mouse button, while typing
    Ben> from the keyboard fails completely.

    Owen> Let me get this straight:
    Owen> Typing produces nothing visible.

Correct. The selection I-bar does move as I type, though.

    Owen> But you can select the result (and paste it elsewhere)

I can select the result, but pasting it must produce some odd
character, possibly a null or something, since zsh just beeps at me
when I paste it into an xterm.

    Owen> Pasting produces visible results

Pasting *into* the input field from somewhere else produces visible
results.

    Owen> I'm quite confused.

Me too :-)

    Owen> glibc2 isn't the problem. (I run it myself)

Okay, hrm.

    Owen> I doubt XKB is the problem. (I'm not doing anything fancy
    Owen> with it but I have it enabled, and a non-standard keymap
    Owen> xfree86(en_US) in use with XFree863.3.1)

I have it enabled as well, with xfree86(us_microsoft) as the keymap.

    Owen> Perhaps you could try deleting all the old GTK libraries and
    Owen> include files on your system and reinstalling. Could you
    Owen> have libraries installed in /usr/lib or include files in
    Owen> /usr/include?

There are no libgtk libraries in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib. The
libgtk packages for Debian (which I'm the maintainer of) install the
libraries into /usr/X11R6/lib, and the include files into
/usr/include.

    Ben> Should I try a re-compile of libgtk without the XIM
    Ben> extensions?

    Owen> If nothing else works...

I did a ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-xim in my package-building
script, and still had the same problem.

This is bugging the heck out of me :) How can I start debugging this?

I'm most definitely up-to-date with all my libraries and gcc
(2.7.2.3).. is there a different place I could get the gtk+ source
from, besides ftp.gimp.org, perhaps?

--
Brought to you by the letters K and N and the number 11.
"We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams." -- Willy Wonka