Re: [gtk-list] Re: deleting widgets

Tim Janik <timj@psynet.net> writes:

> and here the box acutaly gets hidden, but leaves an ugly big nothing in it's
> place, because the main window doesn't get resized automaticaly.

The problem isn't that the resize isn't propagated, it's that windows
don't shrink by default.

But if you call:

void       gtk_window_set_policy       (GtkWindow           *window,
					gint                 allow_shrink,
					gint                 allow_grow,
					gint                 auto_shrink);

things should work OK, without such drastic hacks. Actually, if you
want things to work if the user is resizing the window as well, you
might need to apply the geometry manangement patch I sent to the
list a week or so ago. (Subject: [patch] Fixes to gtktable and
gtkwindow.)

Regards,
                                        Owen