Feature Request: Supporting calendars other than Gregorian

Hi,

There is a major problem for users living in the countries that not using the Gregorian calendar as their national calendar. This problem currently has been solved in platforms like Mac OS X and Windows. Though in Linux, it's still unsolved and there is no or a little support for those kinds of calendars.

The solution I'm thinking of is to add support for these type of calendars to main parts of the system's GUI like the GTK library and also the Qt project. This feature is supported by many internationalization libraries (for instance ICU).

I can help with the development of this feature and I will be happy to hear from you.

ICU project page for calendar support:
http://userguide.icu-project.org/datetime/calendar

--
Best Regards