Re: ["gtk-i18n-list"] Font Rendering backends

Here are the two images side by side: http://imgur.com/zqKoB6k,POLlkVl#0

The first is graphical emacs, while the second is rendered by the terminal (terminator).  They're slightly, yet definitively different.

I'm not looking for all the possible reasons, but rather an overview of the font rendering system, and how Pango/xft/fontconfig/X11 all interact.

Thanks,
Michael