Re: Enable or disable kerning in pango.

On 13-04-24 02:30 AM, Pranay Samanta wrote:
Can you please elaborate what changes should be done in fontconfig
configuration and also can this be done at runtime i.e.

See this:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/pango/commit/?id=db410d8ebdbc5b697430617e761da6b5ce4940dd

For an application if I need to set some part of font to have kerning disabled
and enable for other parts.

If you create a new PangoCairoFcFontMap and override its default_substitute()
method, and in that method add config to the pattern, you can control it, yes.
 Better to use one fontmap for disabling kerning and another (default) for
leaving it enabled.

Also what will happen if I do the following changes in
the /*pango_fc_font_kern*/_glyphs function of */pangofc-font.c/* file :

Ignore that function, it's not relevant.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/