Re: Enable or disable kerning in pango.

Can you please elaborate what changes should be done in fontconfig configuration and also can this be done at runtime i.e.
For an application if I need to set some part of font to have kerning disabled and enable for other parts.

Also what will happen if I do the following changes in the pango_fc_font_kern_glyphs function of pangofc-font.c file :

.
.
.
int adjustment = PANGO_UNITS_26_6 (kerning.x);
if ( is_kern_on == FALSE)    // The is_kern_on flag is set from outside.
    adjustment = 0;
.
.
.

--
Thanks and Regards
-----------------

Pranay Samanta

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
On 13-04-23 09:06 AM, Pranay Samanta wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I recently started to use pango (pango-cairo) for font rendering.I need to
> know that is there in any way to enable/disable kerning feature.
> Need to implement a feature where I can disable or the kerning feature(widthe
> adjustment) at runtime.

Currently the only way to do that is through fontconfig configuration.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/