Re: Building Pango1.32.6, requirement on harfbuzz

On 13-04-17 05:48 PM, Patrick Welche wrote:
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 04:49:16PM -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On 13-04-17 03:49 AM, Patrick Welche wrote:
Something like the attached untested patch?

On Windows / OS X we can build without HarfBuzz.

If you can explain the rules / dependencies, I can make a patch.
The first 2 messages in this thread suggested to me that harfbuzz
was a requirement and not optional, hence the patch. What are
the true conditions?

The rules are exactly what is coded in configure.  There are the following
backends, of which at least one needs to be enabled:

  - ft2 backend: requires freetype, fontconfig, harfbuzz

  - xft backend: requires freetype, fontconfig, harfbuzz, xft

  - pangocairo: requires cairo, and at least one of the following:

    * pangocairo-ft: requires cairo-ft, freetype, fontconfig, harfbuzz

    * pangocairo-win32: requires cairo-win32, win32 environment

    * pangocairo-coretext: requires cairo-quartz-font

behdad

Cheers,

Patrick

--