Re: 'rkrf' feature in pango

On 01/28/2012 08:51 AM, Steve White wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Steve,

> I was beating myself up for two days trying to follow the MS
> Typography pages about setting up Indic lookup tables:
>   http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otfntdev/devanot/features.aspx
> In particular, I could't get the Rakaar feature 'rkrf' working at all,
> although those pages emphasize that this is the correct way to handle
> Hindi.
>
> Finally I checked out the pango source: I see no mention of 'rkrf' anywhere.
> Another Indic feature missing from Pango is: 'cjct'.

Correct.  We don't handle 'rkrf' currently.  I was under the impression that
we handle 'cjct', but wouldn't be surprised if we don't.

At any rate, these are to be fixed in new HarfBuzz as that will replace the
Indic shaper in Pango as soon as it's in a good enough shape...

If you have test cases, send them my way.

behdad