Re: pango+harfbuzz

On 08/21/2012 06:21 PM, John Ralls wrote:
> So my remaining question is should I set up Gtk-OSX to build HarfBuzz for 10.5 and later? Put another way, does HarfBuzz improve font appearance with CoreText? What about FreeType?

On OS X, you have to choose whether you want to use the CoreText text stack,
or the Fontconfig+FreeType+HarfBuzz font stack.  For now, use the native one.
 In the future I may make it possible to use HarfBuzz in Pango without
Fontconfig+FreeType, and at that point we may prefer it over CoreText shaper.

behdad