Re: pango+harfbuzz

On Aug 18, 2012, at 3:24 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:

> On 08/18/2012 03:42 PM, John Ralls wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 18, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
>>
>>> removed pangoatsui.
>>
>> Which nukes OS-X 10.4 support. Is that intentional?
>
> Yes.  10.4 was released in 2005, and given how up-to-date OS X installations
> seem to be, I'm fine with nuking that.
>
> Plus, CoreText has unofficially been available in 10.4, so it's probably going
> to work with binaries made on 10.5+.

Doesn't work that way, unfortunately. If you link in any libraries without going through the framework mechanism, a program won't run on an OSX version earlier than the SDK you use to build it.

Fortunately, CoreText.framework *is* in the 10.4u SDK, so it might work. After I get the moduleset ironed out I'll test it.

For that, a I'm seeing a couple of problems.

--without-x has been removed from configure, so it's reporting:
   configuration:
           backends: Cairo FreeType X

Is that true? How do I suppress building the X backend?

Introspection fails with "no rule to make target `PangoCoreText-1.0.gir`, needed by `PangoCairo-1.0.gir`. Stop."

OBTW, you need to update README with the harfbuzz dependency.

Regards,
John Ralls