Render Japanese text with pangocairo

Hi all,
I just started using pangocairo recently. So, forgive me if I misunderstand something.
I built pango with cairo backend for win32 using MSYS without fontconfig option. The problem is my application can not render Japanese text with Arial and some fonts (it shows many squares instead). But with other fonts it's ok and the size of displayed text is not same as using windows native API. I've heard about font aliases or font mapping but I don't know how to use it to correct my problems. Could you give me help to resolve it.

Thank you!
Đào Việt Phương