Re: Rendering Pango fonts with DirectFB only

This is what I ended up doing.  I see oddities with it in that the fonts being drawn are quite large compared to those being drawn when using directfb's drawString method.  I'm definitely loading the correct font family.

The way I draw the text currently is by just rendering to a directfb scratch surface and then blitting that to my primary display surface.  I do the text rendering all within local space, so theres no transform matrix or anything I need to apply - its when I blit tot he primary surface that I apply transforms, but that code behaves as if I'm blitting an image with some transform.

Any thoughts on why my fonts might be larger than expected?

Thanks,

sb