Re: Rendering Pango fonts with DirectFB only

On 01/06/2010 11:24 AM, Some Guy wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a package out there that allows pango
layouts to render to a DFB Surface without the use of GTK or Cairo.  DFB
already knows how to draw FT2 fonts, but the user API is lacking and
only has a DrawString method.

Does anybody know of a library that pulls in Pango for the font layout
but uses DFB as the renderer?  I saw there's some package out there
called pango-directfb, but I don't see anything about it on the pango
site or in the git tree.

If you can get cairo-directfb working, you can then simply use pangocairo.

behdad

Thanks,

sb