Re: Thai rendering regression after harfbuzz-ng

On 09/19/2009 10:31 AM, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
Hi,

As described in Bug #595539, there is a serious regression in
rendering Thai with OT font using Pango master. The bug is
very obvious to users, as it changes meanings of words.
And it should not be exposed to users at all in stable release.

I need some help in tracking down the problem.

Interesting.  In general the new code is much more robust, so I'm surprised.

The GSUB rule input holds input[1..count-1] in the array,
with input[0] skipped. And match_input() matches only
count-1 items. So, where is input[0] matched?

input[0] is matched by callers of match_input.

Is there any other hint?

I'm off to a cycling trip to Niagara Falls in a couple hours. Will debug this tomorrow or Monday before the release. Just give me the font.

In the mean time, you can compile pango with CPPFLAGS=-DHB_DEBUG=100 and check the log to see what's going on.

behdad