Re: FT_New_Face called many time for same font.

On 10/06/2009 10:13 AM, Jesper L. Nielsen wrote:

On Oct 6, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

First, try with pango 1.26.0. Second, which backend are you using? I
assume pangoft2. That's not really supported. We recommend using
pangocairo only.

Hi Behdad.

Ok, I'll go for Pango 1.26.0, and you assumption is correct, the backend
is pangoft2.

It seems that get_shaper_and_font_foreach decides to alter the PangoFont
object, I haven't digged thoroughly into it yet, but would you assume
some measures have been done in that direction?

I'm not sure what that is, but pangocairo definitely doesn't have the problem you originally mentioned.

Also some very old postings on the internet suggests that PangoCairo is
more than 50% slower than the PangoFT combination, I really hope that
isn't the case..

As you said, those were very old postings. It's faster than anything else you find around now.

behdad