Re: FT_New_Face called many time for same font.

On Oct 6, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

First, try with pango 1.26.0. Second, which backend are you using? I assume pangoft2. That's not really supported. We recommend using pangocairo only.

Hi Behdad.

Ok, I'll go for Pango 1.26.0, and you assumption is correct, the backend is pangoft2.

It seems that get_shaper_and_font_foreach decides to alter the PangoFont object, I haven't digged thoroughly into it yet, but would you assume some measures have been done in that direction?

Also some very old postings on the internet suggests that PangoCairo is more than 50% slower than the PangoFT combination, I really hope that isn't the case..

--
Jesper L. Nielsen
Senior Software Engineer @ 2M-Locatel