Re: pango 64-bit universal builds on Mac OS X

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Now we have a similar problem with Pango. Here is our ticket on this issue:
>
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/17049
>
> It contains some patches and comments by one of our maintainers,
> including an implementation that uses CoreText instead of ATSUI. This
> should work on 64-bit Mac OS X 10.5, but CoreText is not available on
> earlier Mac OS X, so it won't help build 64-bit on Mac OS X 10.4. Then
> again cairo is still having troubles building 64-bit on Tiger too.
>
> Should I file an issue in the issue tracker, or should some discussion
> on the correct fix take place here first?

Hi Ryan,

I had filed a bug against Pango to switch away from ATSUI, but Richard (pango
OS X maintainer) and I didn't see any immediate benefits, so we closed the
issue WONTFIX just a few days ago.  If ATSUI is actually abandoned in the
64-bit versions, that's good reason to move away from it.  Please file a bug
and we'll continue there.

behdad