Subject: Font View window font is displayed 10px under where it should be?
------------------------

From: Dave Crossland <dave lab6 com>
Date: 2009/1/12
To: fontforge-users <fontforge-users lists sourceforge net>

Hi,

I've just installed FontForge from CVS on a fresh install of Fedora
10, and found the font used for labels in the Font View window is
displayed 10px under where it should be. I used the following
commands:

su;
yum install libpng-devel zlib-devel libtiff-devel giflib-devel \
libjpeg-devel libxml2-devel libuninameslist-devel cairo-devel \
python-devel git subversion mercurial pango-devel;
yum groupinstall x-software-development development-tools;
exit;
cd ~;
mkdir src;
cd src;
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous fontforge cvs sourceforge net:/cvsroot/fontforge login;
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous fontforge cvs sourceforge net:/cvsroot/fontforge
co fontforge;
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous cvs savannah nongnu org:/sources/freetype login;
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous cvs savannah nongnu org:/sources/freetype co freetype2;
svn co http://libspiro.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/libspiro/;
gedit freetype2/include/freetype/config/ftoption.h
cd ~/src/libspiro;
./configure;
make;
su; make install; exit
./configure --enable-pyextension --enable-type3 --enable-pasteafter \
--enable-tilepath --enable-double --enable-device-tables \
--with-capslock-for-alt --with-freetype-bytecode \
--with-freetype-src=../freetype2 --with-x --with-pango;
make
su; make install; exit
/usr/local/bin/fontforge;

This is the "font view" window I see:

http://dave.lab6.com/acid/dump/2009/fontforge-strange-font.png

Going to File, X Resource Editor, and editing the Font Family items in
the FontView pane to

monospace,clearlyu,unifont

and Saving As ~/.FontForge/theme.txt and checking storing filename in
preferences, and then restarting fontforge, gives the same result
using a anti-alised (pango) font:

http://dave.lab6.com/acid/dump/2009/fontforge-pango-fontview.png

Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

I'd also like to mention I tried installing Michał Nowakowski's
excellent ClearLooks theme from
http://fontforge.wiki.sourceforge.net/theme-clearlooks - this also
doesn't help, although in the screenshot on that wiki page its fine.

cd ~/.FontForge/;
curl -O http://dave.lab6.com/acid/dump/2009/fontforge-theme-clearlooks.zip;
unzip fontforge-theme-clearlooks.zip;
/usr/local/bin/fontforge;

File, Preferences, Select ~/.FontForge/theme-clearlooks.txt - File, Quit

/usr/local/bin/fontforge;

FWIW, I also managed to make a theme.txt that uses his theme that segfaults:

dave.lab6.com/acid/dump/2009/theme-segfaults.txt

Dave