HarfBuzz in Fedora 12?

Hello!

I've installed Fedora 12 + the syriac Meltho fonts(*), however the
shaping is totally wrong (with all: pango based programs like gedit or
abiword and ICU based applications like OOo and XeTeX).

The fonts appear, but apparently no shaping is involved - the letters are
not connected and the punctuation is not placed to the right position.

I wonder, whether in Fedora 12 the new HarfBuzz is used or not.
I am little confused about this blog entry:
 http://mces.blogspot.com/2009/11/harfbuzz-hackfest.html

(Also, would older / non-OTF version of the font help? I remember
In some previous version of pango the syriac displayed OK...)

Thank You,
Petr Tomasek

(*) http://www.bethmardutho.org/support/meltho/download/

--