RE: Setting the pango.Language for a widget

On Ma, 2008-09-22 at 09:37 -0500, Boncek, John wrote:
> You set the language twice on "ru".  (such short names...)

Hallo John

Thanks for pointing out the typo. Fixing it however makes no difference.
The glyph used for б should be different for the Macedonian line (the
second one). If I run the program with LANGUAGE=mk both lines are
changed to show the Macedonian shape of the б character. So the call to
get_pango_context().set_language() seems to have no effect in either
case, although pango and my font (Dejavu Sans Book) supports the
language dependent rendering.

Any other ideas?

Friedel