trying to build some pango code

Hi guys, I'm kind of lost around here, and I hope one of you can help me out.

I'm trying to build rrdtool from source (slackware doesn't have a
package for it), and the only reason it doesn't work is because of
pango. The testscript is as following:
/* confdefs.h.  */
// A lot of defines which aren't necessary for this..

/* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
   Use char because int might match the return type of a GCC
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
char pango_cairo_context_set_font_options ();
int
main ()
{
return pango_cairo_context_set_font_options ();
  ;
  return 0;
}
And by trying to build this, I collected a lot of -I's and -L's, but I
don't know which one to use, right now I have the following:
gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall
-std=c99 -pedantic -Wundef -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -Winline
-Wold-style-definition -W  -fPIC -DPIC -I/usr/include/cairo
-I/usr/include/pango-1.0  conftest.c -lpango-1.0  -lcairo -lcairo
-lcairo -lcairo -lm
And of course, I get:
conftest.c: In function 'main':
conftest.c:101: warning: old-style function definition
/tmp/ccjqhE89.o: In function `main':
/usr/src/tar.gz/rrdtool-1.3.4/conftest.c:102: undefined reference to
`pango_cairo_context_set_font_options'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I bet it has something to do with the linker.. but what do I need to
specify the right linker flag for pango?

Thanks in advance!
Henk te Sligte