Re: pango_layout_set_height()

2008/1/22, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>:
> Hi,
>
> In pango-1.19.3 that just hit the door is the new API:
>
> void pango_layout_set_height (PangoLayout *layout,
>                               int          height);

\o/

> The implementation is not perfect yet, but I wanted to get this one in
> Pango 1.20.  I hear that this is a quite welcome API for small devices.

Indeed. I have a hacky one-paragraph version of this in a company
project implemented with laying out, splitting the text so that each
line is separate chunk, joining again them with newlines in the
middle, setting the new string to the layout and setting the
ellipsization to END. It works for the current use-case, but laying
out the text twice is not free of course.

I'll try to get this API in use there as soon as I have time for it to
test it out.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi