placement of combining diacritical marks

Hi,

I just noticed that when I draw something like j+0x0301 (j with acute accent)
using pango_cairo_show_layout() it doesn't work with a 'monospace' font (works
OK with 'sans-serif' and 'serif'). Then the accent is spacing and is put next
to the j.

Also when you compare 0x01D5 <-> U+0x038+0x304 or 0x1D6 <-> u+0x0308+0x0304
(U with diaeresis and macron, resp. u with diaeresis and macron), the composed
ones look quite different from the precomposed ones. For the monospaced font
the diacritical marks have the problem as described above, for the sans-serif
font the marks on the small u are not stacked (drawn over each other), and for
the serif font the macron is not centered like the diaeresis is, and the marks
on the small u are not stacked and the macron is offset as with the U case.

I didn't check any other fonts or characters. This is for pango 1.19.3.

Here are some images (ignore the blue lines):
http://www.let.uu.nl/~Theo.Veenker/personal/pango/mono.png
http://www.let.uu.nl/~Theo.Veenker/personal/pango/sans.png
http://www.let.uu.nl/~Theo.Veenker/personal/pango/serif.png

The mono case worries me most. Is this something to be fixed in a future
pango release?

Regards,
Theo

P.S. Behdad, may I ask if there a graphic overview somewhere showing the
     relations between the the different parts of pango?