Re: pango opentype font issues

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 21:33 -0600, Joshua Facemyer wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> I'm having issues with an opentype font, specifically (1) dynamic
> vertical placement of glyphs which make use of "calt" and (2) kerning
> on
> some glyphs.  The font in question is a fairly complicated one for
> ancient music - it is mostly feature and glyph complete, and works
> correctly on accurate opentype font rendering implementations (per
> the
> creator).

"on accurate opentype font rendering implementations" pretty much means
nothing.  None of the implementations are perfect.  And Pango's is one
of the better ones.  Really.

Bugs you report will only be helpful if you attach a screenshot of Pango
rendering plus a screenshot of the desired rendering.  Otherwise it's
good for nothing.

> Firstly, however, I was wondering what the best software (on linux)
> would be to test the current pango support of opentype (what software
> uses the pango rendering exclusively that would accurately show pango
> bugs)?  That way I could test it before I made a more complete (and
> possibly inaccurate) report.

I personally use gedit.

--
behdad