Re: build core and backends separately

Enrico Weigelt wrote:
Hi folks,

for my distro builder system I need clear and dependencies. Dependencies on several features of certain packages are
really ugly to handle and thus to be avoided.

So I'd like to have the pango core and the backends (one by one)
in separate packages, so for example an package requiring pango-cairo (ie. gtk2 v2.8) imports not just pango hoping its built w/ cairo backend, but also pango-cairo.

How can I do this ?

You build pango, then package the bits separately in packages however you like.