Re: Pango problem

I'm rendering a line of text with Pango. The markup has foreground and background attributes used few times to change colors. I'm drawing the layout to a pixmap with height few (device) pixels greater then text rendered by Pango. The problem is, that on my surplus space, I have my old background color. How I can set up Pango to also draw text background color there?

<cut>

I made a hack with following markup:

I calculate value of rise form font. Ugly solution, but works ;) Btw. Is EM unit in pango the same as described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Em_%28typography%29 ?

If so how can I get it? Atm. I just make layout with single space character and read values from there (another hack).

--
Semper Fidelis

Adam Klobukowski
adamklobukowski gmail com