Re: How to deprecate PangoScript?

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 15:48 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

>   4. Like 3, but also go ahead and change PangoScript uses to
> GUnicodeScript in public Pango API (and internally too).  This doesn't
> have the C++ problem because PangoScript and GUnicodeScript will be the
> same thing as far as the compiler is concerned.  The gobject type name
> for PangoScript changes though as we should make pango_script_get_type()
> to just return g_unicode_script_get_type().  Right?

As far as I can tell, option four won't cause insurmountable problems
for language bindings.  And given that it appears to be a clean solution
from a C point of view, I think it's the winner.

I take it that pango_script_iter_* won't be changed apart from
pango_script_iter_get_range for which PangoScript is replaced by
GUnicodeScript?

--
Bye,
-Torsten