Mac font choices

Hi,

is it possible to tell pango (or fontconfig or freetype - not sure who's in charge of this) to ignore mac .dfont files when choosing which font to use? Background is that I'm experiencing very bad rendering quality when some .dfonts are used. Pango seems to use these fonts even when an equivalent .ttf is available, so people will have to move away the original font - and that is something I'd rather not have to tell them to do.

Regards,

  Uli