Fwd: compiling viewer-win32.c

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jjgod Jiang <gzjjgod gmail com>
Date: 2006-4-18 上午11:42
Subject: Re: compiling viewer-win32.c
To: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu>

2006/4/18, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu>:

> I suggest you through it away and start adding win32 support the
> the pango-view in examples/.  You need to write a new
> viewer-win32.c, and viewer-pangowin32.c that implement
> pango-view's interface.  See viewer-main.c, viewer-x.c, and
> viewer-pangoxft.c.  For bonus, update viewer-cairo to support
> cairowin32 backend too.

I hope so, but here is the case: I can compile & run the sample
code in pango-Cairo-Rendering.html, (with a cairo_surface
created from win32 HDC), but the performance is really low, I
can see obvious delay between the program showing and the
text showing. (I linked the code with pangocairo-1.0.lib and
pango-1.0.lib and cairo.lib here.)

So I started trying pangowin32-1.0.lib to see if it is faster, but
I encounter the problem I've reported in:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-i18n-list/2006-April/msg00023.html

So I'm wondering if there are some guidance or simpler code
I can follow and running correctly.

BTW: IMHO, gtk-win32 is really slow, most people using pango
in win32 may wish to use a native GUI toolkit. So I guess
viewer-win32.c might need some serious modification.

Regards,
jjgod.