Re: compiling viewer-win32.c

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Jjgod Jiang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to compile "examples/viewer-win32.c" in pango-1.12.1. I'm
> using the win32 binaries of gtk+-2.8.17. Here are some problems I've
> encounted:

[...]
> I'm wondering if there are some API changes and how to fix that.

Ah, I thought I removed that from the CVS.  CVS log says in 2005
Hans updated that file to not-so-recent Pango API, but apparently
it's still lagging.

I suggest you through it away and start adding win32 support the
the pango-view in examples/.  You need to write a new
viewer-win32.c, and viewer-pangowin32.c that implement
pango-view's interface.  See viewer-main.c, viewer-x.c, and
viewer-pangoxft.c.  For bonus, update viewer-cairo to support
cairowin32 backend too.

> Regards,
> jjgod.

--behdad