Malayalam character rendering and fonts

Hi all,

I was closely watching last 3 GNOME releases from 2.6 to 2.10. In all of them I found poor character rendering of malayalam [ml] alphabets. Obviously there is NO major developments in improving text rendering of malayalam unicode characters.

I believe most of the indic languages are properly displayed under GNOME except malayalam. Can somebody shed some light on the current status of malayalam. And where can I find the details of people who are currently working with related pango modules, so that I can work with them.

Thanks and regards

Raj Nair.