Re: Typing Right-To-Left language characters in GtkEntry

Hello Edward,

Thanks for your useful inputs.  I browsed the site that you mentioned,
and downloaded the TTF arabic fonts.  I installed these using the
guide at http://eyegene.ophthy.med.umich.edu/unicode/index.html#kdefontinst.
 ( using the mkfontscale and mkfontdir commands, and then adding the
path to /etc/X11/XF86Config).

Here's what I did after that:
- re-logged in RH9 with KDE session
- went to Control Center > Regional & Accessibility > Keyboard Layout,
and changed the "primary layout" to Arabic.

Now when I try to type any command or anything else on the terminal
window, I can't see anything.  And when I press ENTER, it gives me an
error: "bash:      :command not found".
I think I have missed a crucial step somewhere.  Please help me.

Thanks again,
Gaurav