Re: rendering the burmese unicode font MPH Yangon

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 10:05 +0000, Gora Mohanty wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 Paul Wise wrote :
> > > /usr/share/locale/my_MM/LC_MESSAGES
> > On debian, only gaim puts files there (according to apt-file).
>
> Yeah, I noticed that. But whoever translated that file must have
> had access to fonts, keymaps, etc.

Looking at the gaim cvs, seems that Minn Myat Soe wrote the translation.
I am CCing him/her on this message to find out which fonts, keymaps,
locale, etc s/he used in order to create the translation.

> This is actually not too difficult if one has knowledge of the
> language. We did this for Oriya, and one of these days I will
> get around to making a GUI wrapper for the Perl scripts to semi-
> automate the process. Let me know if people are really interested
> in this.

This would be good to have available.

> I notice that Ngwe Tun has also replied in detail to this, so
> hopefully things are going fine on the Burmese front.

Yes, his email was very informative and showed that much more has been
completed than I was aware of.

--
bye,
pabs